Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Jubilee Pool Penzance Limited will take place at 6pm on Thursday 19 November 2020 by Zoom meeting. The Zoom link will be advised nearer the date.
To attend the meeting you must be a Member (i.e. shareholder) of Jubilee Pool Penzance Limited. If you wish to attend the AGM, please email email@example.com by 5pm on the 12th November to request the Zoom link.
- Welcome and introductions
- Minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting from 8 October 2019
- Chair’s Report on JPPL’s operations and current developments
- Adoption of the accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020
- Appointment of Auditors for the year ended 31 March 2021
- Appointment of Directors:
- The current Board consists of six directors elected at the 2019 AGM, as well as one Director representing Penzance Town Council required under JPPL’s Rules and one Director co-opted from Cornwall Council.
- Under JPPL’s Rules, one third of the elected directors (i.e. two) must resign at the AGM. The resigning directors may offer themselves for re-election.
- Josh Hocking is resigning and is not offering himself for re-election. Jon Matthews is resigning and is offering himself for re-election.
- Any member may stand for election as a director, regardless of the size of their shareholding.
- As a community owned organisation with a financially sustainable year round operation, we need to ensure that we have the skills we need to take us forward but also to ensure that we properly represent and include our members. Nearly 70% of people who bought shares live locally. We would welcome the following skills/experience: tourism and leisure, health & safety, HR, and volunteer management.
- To find out more about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone nominating themselves should provide a short profile (250 words max) on the attached Director Nomination Form outlining why they would like to join the Board and what they would contribute. If more than 2 nominations are received, these profiles will be made available to shareholders who will be asked to vote at the AGM to select the new Board Members.
- Nominations should be received by Thursday 5 November and should be sent to Richard@jubileepool.co.uk.